Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pride and Prejudice Manga

Pride and Prejudice Manga Classics by Stacy King (adapter) and Po Tse (illustrator)


 I was so impressed with this book.  Before I read it, I figured there was no way that they would be able to keep the important themes and scenes in the book if they made a manga version with approximately the same number of pages as the original.  I was proven wrong.

I haven't read Pride and Prejudice in awhile, but I did read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies not that long ago.  This one definitely kept to the original story more.

What I liked: kept true to the story, was a fast read, could be a good way to hook students who don't read into the classics

What I didn't like:  the Manga style of drawing doesn't always fit well with how people would look in the time period of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment