Friday, September 19, 2014

Make Better Power Points

Today I was assisting 6th graders in the creation of their first Power Points of the year.  All I can say is, I feel bad for the teacher who has to grade them. In an effort to make their Power Points memorable to their teacher, students used all types of animations, transitions, and sounds, including applause for their own presentations.  I don't think any group had the same background for all of their slides, most of them picking different Tie Dye types.


While I am amused when 6th graders do it, I am irritated when I sit through an awful presentation from a colleague or boss.  I came across this page which illustrates 40 ways people "screw up" Power Point slides.  There may be some things on here that you just didn't think of.  Think of them now so your students or colleagues aren't groaning while they watch your presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment